How Debtor Factoring Can Help Your Business

By Jasmina Mujkic - Mar 15 2016

At Key Factors, we think the most important question is not what factoring is, but how factoring can benefit your business.

Often, the problem small businesses have is that if the business is surviving, the mindset is that there is no need to change, but what if instead of surviving, your business could be thriving? Factoring could be the missing key to offer you the steady cash flow you need to grow your enterprise.

Don’t let slow cash flow hold back your business

A large element to a successful business is keeping up with competitors, and making payments on time – you don’t want your cash flow to be the only thing holding you back… With the credit-controlled environment not appearing to be easing up any time soon, revenue can be delayed for up to ninety days, or more; making it tougher on SMEs.

It is often the case for SMEs to rely on existing customers and therefore are more likely to allow a little leeway when it comes to payment deadlines, but don’t let this be your pitfall. Factoring can allow you to do just this, while still giving you access to 80% of the invoice face value in as little as 24 hours. Key Factors then provides the remaining 20% when your customer pays, less any accrued charges – so you no longer need to worry about your business cash flow being tied up in accounts receivables and can focus on doing what you do best, which is growing your business!

Debtor Finance or Factoring, are one and the same – also known as cash flow finance or invoice finance. Whatever you want to call it, we offer many small businesses the funds they need, when they need them. Find out a little more about how we can make your funds immediately accessible to you.



There are numerous benefits to debtor factoring:

It’s not just about having a regular cash flow, it is all the things that come with it. The fact that, as a small business owner, when you know you can access cash, it will influence business decisions. Guaranteed access to your accounts receivables offers you the flexibility and ability to adapt your company whether your invoices have hit your bank account or not. We offer this simple solution to your cash flow problems with no lock-in or long-term contracts, no minimum volume and no ongoing monthly or annual charges, so there’ll be no more worrying about slow paying customers. Not only is your cash flow constant, but we also make your time management far easier – an efficient business doesn’t waste precious time chasing customers and the guarantee means you can put stricter rules in place. What’s more, when you have less financial worries, you can confidently pitch for future business, unlocking opportunities that you may have previously thought unfeasible.

It’s time to turn to debtor factoring

There is a reason why many Australian SME’s are turning to factoring. With small businesses constantly gaining momentum and making up huge industry numbers, it is no longer effective to work to fixed payments and strict deadlines. There is no flexibility when it comes to late payments, and this is becoming clearer. Therefore, business owners are seeking out alternative ways to keep on top of all their payments.

Consider your options

With Key Factors, you only pay for our service if and when you use us; giving you the chance to bridge the gap of slow payments at a minimal cost. The other option for small business owners is to offer their customers an incentive to pay on time or early – but there are no guarantees with this method. It can be extremely effective in the short-term, but if used continuously, can end up costing your business more than anticipated. It also means your business has to become a lot stricter, keeping track of payments and acting accordingly.

Adapting to suit your needs

We are simply meeting the markets needs – at Key Factors, we’ve adapted our business with you in mind. SME’s are in need of an alternative to traditional banking methods and are no longer relying on the big four. Owners are seeking out flexible alternatives, and for ways of preventing unpaid invoices effecting business expansion.

It is time to give Key Factors a call?

We can keep up with your cash flow needs and work alongside your company’s growth, giving you the ability to absorb the impact of later payments.

Still not 100% convinced? Why not see how other businesses have benefitted? And remember, there’s no sign up fee and no lock-in contracts, so what’s stopping you?

With over 30 years of experience and offices in Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth, your business is in safe hands.

Call 1300 884 100 today to find out more.


We help your business grow! Allow us to help

There was a problem with your submission. Errors have been highlighted below..

No Property

No Hidden Costs

No Lock-in

No Use, No Fee