Regardless of the size or type of business, having problems with cash flow is a major concern. Even if a business is currently profitable or showing strong projected growth, if expenses are not covered, the growth may be stunted long-term.
Want to improve your working capital? Here’s how to increase cash flow in your business in eight different ways.
1. Come up with a cash goal and supplement it with a cash flow projection
Proactivity is the name of the game, so begin with setting a clear cash goal. It is vital that you are aware of the funds required to take your business to where you desire, or to place it in the competitive position it needs to be. Do this by carrying out a cost analysis and establish your break-even point well in advance. Every month, complete a profit and loss statement, a cash flow statement and a balance sheet – these three documents will give you an in-depth view of the health of your business finances, allowing you to prepare for the inevitable highs and lows of cash flow for the coming months.
2. Add a ‘PAY NOW’ button to your emails and invoices
A quick tip of how to improve cash flow quickly is to make it easier for your customers to pay you immediately. A ‘Pay Now’ button can be added to invoices and emails, meaning customers are one click away from payment. This simple button that links to your online payment platform is very convenient, and features in many accounting software programs, and can even be created yourself.
3. Use Key Factors factoring financing to bridge the gap of slow payments
Factor Financing is a flexible way to quickly boost your cash flow
by allowing you to turn your sales invoices into cash – fast. Forget waiting 30 to 90 days for your clients to pay and recruit the help of Key Factors. With Key Factors factor financing you can get up to 80% of the invoice value in as quick as 4 hours. The remaining 20% less any accrued charges are made available once your client pays us.
4. Become more efficient
With a variety of tech tools available online, it’s never been easier to streamline your business dealings to become more efficient. E-commerce sites, accounting software and smart-phone enabled credit card readers are just a few tools that can save your business both time and money. Use technology to your advantage – for example, conduct international meetings over Skype conference calls instead of paying high travel costs.
5. Find ways to reduce costs
When thinking about how to increase cash flow, if you can’t increase profit, why not find ways to reduce costs? This can go a long way especially for ongoing monthly bills like phone, internet and electricity. Are you certain you’re getting the best deal? Call and negotiate with your providers and you’ll find that often you can receive a significant discount simply by asking, as a reward for consolidating costs or being a loyal customer.
6. Condense all outstanding invoices into one statement
In the case of a customer having a number of multiple invoices open, encourage fast payment by consolidating these documents into one. Having one clear invoice that specifies the total amount owing (as well as a breakdown that details the dates, goods and services purchased) makes it easier for your customer to confirm exactly how much is due, all whilst avoiding having to fill their inbox with numerous overdue statements.
7. Review your prices
When was the last time you reviewed your pricing model? It’s important to fine-tune prices every so often to ensure you’re not selling your goods/services for too little or too much. Cash flow can be boosted by increasing prices, however if you do, make sure the increase is justified by considering what you can add to your products to raise their value in the consumers eyes. Sometimes, the perceived value of products can be raised simply by a price hike.
8. Chase up outstanding payments in a timely manner
In the case of outstanding payments, don’t delay – follow up your clients with polite but firm reminders, remembering to always remain professional whilst doing so.
As apart of our factor financing service, Key Factors will follow up on outstanding accounts on your behalf. We will also send your customers statements summarising the total amount due as a friendly reminder. Our factor financing service not only boosts your business cash flow but can save you time and resources, allowing you to focus on what you do best which is growing your business.
Want to know more about factor financing and how to increase cash flow in your business? Contact us at Key Factors, on 1300 884 100 and a local state manager will be more than happy to discuss your needs and provide you with a quote to suit your requirements today.